Senior Center News
After a quick check-in, the fun began with tea in the Great Hall of the resort. Then they were off for a quick visit to the beautiful Spa Gardens and Allegheny Springs Water Park. They had a delicious dinner in the main dining room and ended the evening with a movie, Midnight in Paris, in the hotel’s movie theater.
The next morning, members gathered for a hearty buffet breakfast and then attended the Homestead History Tour. Everyone had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beautiful and luxurious hotel nestled in BCSC’s own back yard!
Tiffany Myers and her children visited BCSC August 27 to continue a previous lesson in American Sign Language. During their previous visit on August 6, members were taught the alphabet using American Sign Language. On this visit, Tiffany taught the members several words and phrases.
Their visits to the center are always enjoyed!
Gregory C. Mays, MD, presented an informative program on cataracts to members at the Bath Community Senior Center on August 27. Following the program, Dr. Mays answered questions from members. Members thanked him for the information and enjoyed his visit to BCSC.
The BCSC members enjoyed a picnic August 21 at the Bath County Parks and Recreation Pavilion. Members had a delicious packed picnic lunch, followed by a game of corn hole. It was a wonderful day of fun, food and fellowship.
Hot Springs Fire Department Chief, Robbie Chestnut presented a program on Fire Safety to the members of the Bath Community Senior Center (BCSC) on August 18. He spoke of the importance of fire detectors and gave goodie bags to each member present. His visit was much appreciated and he was thanked for providing the program.
More VPAS News
- Bath Senior Center Members Completed CDSME-Diabetes Program
- Bath Community Senior Center members complete CDSMP
- Bath Community Senior Center hears from Alleghany Community Services Guardianship Director
- Bath Senior Center Ice Cream Social
- Kathryn Coit, VPAS Outreach Specialist Visited BCSC
- The Talking Book Center Presents Books on Tape to BCSC
- Bath Community Senior Center Traveled to Highland Center for Lunch
- BCSC Trip to Wytheville
- BCSC Enjoyed Outing to Covington
- Bath Community Senior Center Enjoyed Lunch at Jason’s Pizza